Wednesday, October 29, 2008

First Post

Hello and welcome,

Professional Suicide is my personal blog. Named after the Ladyhawke track off her self titled record I will be posting album and gig reviews as well as event news from the Sydney music scene. The title, Professional Suicide, addresses my desires to create a career from writing copy. I hope that in time this blog becomes a sounding board for work submitted to various community magazines and street press. The bi-line "writing's the dream..." encapsulates my everyday hope that in the future writing will be, not only an occupation, but a passion and legacy.

So what can you expect from this blog. I hope to regularly update it with my own written content and interesting links about music in Australia and the rest of the world. From reviews and musings about newly released albums to longer pieces about my experiences at club events and concerts. Eventually practically everything I post here will be submitted to community papers and street press. So your involvement is essential. Please comment (constructively) on things you like, things you hate and how I can improve. Who knows one day I may just get something printed and you can to take honourary responsibility for it.

It wont just be text. I always have my trusty Nikon point-and-shoot wedged into the pocket of my skinny leg jeans so I can take plenty of happy snaps. Although photography wont be the focus of the blog, each live review will have some pictures from the event first hand.

Thanks to everyone who regularly clicks through... time to get writing.

No comments: